A whole lot of Android users install third party launchers like Apex, Nova, GO, Google Now, Trebuchet and so forth. Oftentimes, users inadvertently delete the program drawer (launcher) icon that’s the round button in the middle of the bottom of the home display (dock) which gives you access to all of your apps. Losing this icon means you can not get into the app drawer. However this is an easy matter. You can easily get back the lost program launcher icon. This guide will explain to you how to fix/restore the missing app launcher icon on android.
App drawer icon or button is fundamentally the circle with dots that when clicked lets you find all of your programs or app drawer. The app drawer icon is on the homescreen dock, usually in the center of the bottom of the homescreen. When the app launcher button is not locked, users can sometimes inadvertently drag it to some other homescreen. So the very first thing to do if that occurs, would be to swipe through your home displays and look for the icon, and then drag it back to its original location. For those who have dragged the icon on the very top, then it will be deleted (removed). In that case, you will need to restore the program launcher icon. To return app drawer icon missing (button) on your home screen, follow the below methods for each launcher- NOVA, GO, Trebuchet and Apex launcher.
How to restore Nova launcher app drawer icon missing on Android ?
For NOVA launcher users the steps to restore or get back missing app drawer icon/button are as follows:
- Tap & hold (long press) on an empty space on your home screen
- Choose “Widgets”
- From Nova Launcher widgets, long press “Nova Action”
- You will now be taken to the home screen
- Choose “App drawer”
- Drag the App drawer icon to its original place on the home screen
How to restore Go launcher app drawer icon missing ?
Follow below steps to get back app drawer icon on Go launcher the home screen :
- Tap on an empty space on your home screen for a few seconds. Now some message will pop up.
- Choose “Launcher actions” >> press “open/close app drawer”.
- Now you will see have the app drawer icon/button on the homescreen.
- Drag the app drawer button to its original spot.
Here are another method to restore app drawer icon for Go launcher user :
- Tap and hold on any empty spot on your home screen.
- Choose “Add” > Then select “Go shortcut” >> Appdrawer
- Choose “OK”.
- Now you will see the app drawer icon which you can drag anywhere.
For 2015 version of Go Launcher :
- Long press on the lower dock (where the app drawer icon was originally located)
- Choose “Default icon” >> A list of default icons will be displayed
- Now Choose the app drawer icon and it will be added
How to restore Apex launcher app drawer icon missing ?
Here are the steps to restore/ get back app drawer icon on Apex launcher users :
- Long press on homescreen
- Choose “Apex Actions” >> Add to Home Screen
- Choose “App Drawer”
- Now the app drawer icon will appear on the homescreen
- Drag the icon/button to the homescreen dock
How to restore Trebuchet app drawer icon/ button missing
Many custom ROMs like Cynogenmod has Trebuchet installer as default launcher. If your app drawer icon is missing on Trebuchet here are the steps to get it back :
- Open Settings >> Apps
- Scroll down and choose “Trebuchet”
- Tap “clear data”
- Now your launcher is set to default
If that didn’t resolve the matter, you can try installing another third party launcher like Nova.
Uninstalling and reinstalling your launcher will also solve the issue. However, you may lose your homescreen icons so you will need to set this up again. Simply, open Setting >> apps >> scroll down and select the name of your launcher >> tap “uninstall”. Then return to Google Play and re-install the launcher. Now you will receive your app drawer icon back into your homescreen dock. That is it. Even If you use other launchers apart from the ones mentioned above, you may use similar techniques to restore lost program drawer/launcher icon on your home screen.